Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Blog about designing retainers

Here we go...

I'm not sure how many blogs there are about dental retainer designs - my guess is probably none. Here's to being the first! If i'm wrong about that you can let me know :)

Since the begining of this year our dental lab has been working on a website that lets people design their own retainers online. I't been quite the experience. Not as easy as I thought it would be but finally we've got it up and running. Of course, as with all websites there is more to do, but hopefully we'll get some feedback as we keep on with it.

Maybe the site will develop into a small community of sorts. It would be great to see lots of kids teens and young adults who are about to get their braces off come to our site and create their own personal design. I'm curious to see what people come up with.

Our goal is also to bring some joy to people. I used to wear retainers myself, so I know that they are not always the most comfortable in the world (especially when you are 10 or 11 years old!).
But now as an adult, i'm glad I had them as my teeth are very nice and straight. So it's worth it.

I've had two sets -both were colorful.
My first set were purple with glitter (loved them)
Second set were rainbow (not my favorite, but they looked nice anyway)

Hopefully some kids out there will feel better about the fact that they have to get retainers by being able to create their own design for them.

So far our demo site has been up since March 2010, and we have 17 member that have joined to try it out. We had one new sign-up today!

Maybe more tomorrow?...

http://demo.aortadesigner.com/

Cheers!
Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment